Your Visit, Our Assurance
*updated October 6, 2020.
Sunlight Operations Update
Hello Sunlight Fans, and thank you for choosing Sunlight Mountain Resort.
As our winter season approaches, we are getting more questions about the upcoming season and what our winter operations will look like. We want to provide you with the best and most updated information possible.
NEW! The Sunlight Skier & Rider Playbook
We are all in this season together. Be the reason we win the season with these 10 easy plays.
- Game Day! – There is no “I” in team, we are in this season together. If you’re sick, stay out of the game.
- Gear Up! Face coverings are required for all skiers and riders.
- Go Wide! Practice physical distancing – at the lifts and in the base area.
- Score a Deal! – Ensure your ski day, reserve your lift tickets in advance by purchasing online.
- Grab & Go! – Enjoy a fresh new grab and go menu and more outdoor food stations.
- Halftime Huddle! – Consider your car as your base camp. Space will be very limited in our base lodge.
- First Down! – Ensure your ski trip by booking your stay and settling down with our local lodging partners.
- Trick Play! – Ski, Swim, Stay is the game-winning play. Kids 12 & Under Ski Free and everyone enjoys a rejuvenating soak at Glenwood Hot Springs.
- Go for Two! - With the Slope & Soak 2-Step.
- Touchdown! Time to do your endzone dance on a game-winning ski day.
Sunlight Cares for the Health & Safety of Guests, Staff, Community
There is so much to smile about at Sunlight Mountain Resort. That’s not just our motto, that’s the goal we set throughout our entire organization, not only including our ski area operations, but also Sunlight Ski & Bike Shop, Sunlight Mountain Inn, and Sunlight Snowmobile Tours.
The experience we provide is built around smiles. From the lifts to the lodge and beyond, we are dedicated to taking all the measures we can to ensure we leave our guests with something to smile about. We call it the Sunlight Smile Guarantee TM
We don’t just want to meet your expectations, we strive to exceed your expectations as a family resort - because that’s where smiles are born.
To that end, and in response to the global pandemic crisis, we have re-doubled our efforts and our commitment to maintaining the highest safety, health, and sanitation standards.
At Sunlight, we have implemented a number of new protocols and measured steps throughout all company departments and touch-points aimed at better ensuring a safe and healthy resort, workplace, and community. We are following all recommendations from our local Garfield County Public Health Department, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and the Centers for Disease Control Prevention.
Find updated data on COVID cases in Garfield County here. https://www.garfield-county.com/public-health/garfield-county-covid-19-cases/
At Sunlight we communicate and reinforce with guests and employees to wear masks as advised, follow hygiene practices including cough and sneeze etiquette, practicing physical-distancing, and we encourage you to stay home if you're feeing sick. With the Sunlight Smile Guarantee TM and the Skier & Rider Playbook, we are all guaranteed to enjoy a winter season with so much to smile about.
Please note, due to the ongoing pandemic crisis we are recommending all guests contact our hotel partners directly for package options for the 2020/21 season. We are also here to answer questions at email@example.com
Lift Tickets & Passes
Rest easy knowing your lift tickets and season passes are covered under the Smile Guarantee. If Sunlight is closed due to the pandemic crisis on the day of your planned visit, you can still use your lift tickets anytime during our 2020/21 season.
Socially-Distant by Nature
On any given day lift lines are not included in the skiing and snowboarding experience at Sunlight. You’ll park for free, walk to the lifts, and never stand in line. Without the big crowds, our powder lasts for days.
Restaurants & Bars
Social distancing measures are in place including reduced seating capacities, and guests and servers wear masks as recommended. We are following all cleaning and sanitizing measures as outlined by the CDC.
We are sanitizing high-traffic areas regularly throughout the day including sanitizing all counter tops, registers, pens and displays. Store occupancy is reduced for physical-distancing.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion.
Sunlight Mountain Resort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all skiers, snowboarders, snow enthusiasts, Denver Bronco fans, and even non-Bronco fans alike. We educate and train our staff on the topics of diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Since 1989, Skier Appreication Day has been Sunlight's signature community giving event raising nearly a half million dollars for our local United Way Battlement to the Bells.
This new snow fence near East Ridge helps us harvest more snow, keeping more powder on the runs, and ultimately allowing us to re-dedicate and reduce snowmaking. Environmental sustainability is a crucial component of the Sunlight Smile Guarantee.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment COVID-19 Info: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus
General questions about COVID-19:
- Call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email COHELP@RMPDC.org, for answers in English and Spanish (Español), Mandarin (普通话), and more.
- CDC: 2019 Novel Coronavirus web page